- Storytelling is a great pathos strategy to use in your speech. Read the article Why Stories Sell: Transportation Leads to Persuasion, from PsyBlog, for more details on the psychology of persuasion.
- More on storytelling: here’s a YouTube video with Ira Glass, host of the NPR show This American Life, discussing the ‘building blocks’ of what it takes to tell a good story.
- Here’s a fun article: 10 Words You Mispronounce That Make People Think You’re an Idiot by Justin Brown. What words would you add to the list?
- Even TED speakers are anxious before their presentation — a reflective post featuring several TED speakers’ thoughts on their nervousness before a speech
- and since we’re talking about logos in our lectures this week, here’s a post by Nick Morgan that gives you 5 Quick Ways to Structure a Speech